Friday, May 30, 2008

Barefoot into the Future

Here's a quote from the book I'm currently reading (checked out from the NYPL), "The City in Crimson Cloak" by Asli Erdogan (translated from the Turkish by Amy Spangler):

She felt a strong desire to run barefoot into the future; an urge to draw her sword and run her horse at full gallop, straight into the formidable front battle line of life... This, she thought, was probably what they meant by "joie de vivre."

Besides wishing I could write like that (if only!) ... this particularly spoke to me; it describes precisely how I feel about my self and my situation just now.

All hail to thee, barefoot lass ...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Loved the quote - exactly how one should approach life, in my opinion, and exactly what I try to do.

Now, I have to go find a copy of that book!